yossman.net is a computer consulting and internet services group with offices in
south-western and eastern ontario, in canada. we create custom business internet /
intranet database and network automation solutions, designed for reliability and
longevity, and provide training for general computer literacy improvement.
we also specialize in diverting technology considered "obsolete" from garbage landfill
sites; through our computer equipment repair, refurbish, recycle and re-purpose programs, we
increase our clients' return on investments to their systems by extending the life of
hardware and software that can still serve useful functions, while reducing loads on
public dump sites.
Member and Guest Links:
[ email login ]
[ chat ]
[ technical support ]
[ contact staff at yossman.net ]
[ linux desktop testing notes ]
Friends and Business Associates:
[ gloriakagawa.com ] fine artist and artwork gallery
[ coplanar.net ] computer and network system administration and design
[ tman.ca ] website and graphics designer
[ audiodr.com ] music recording, concert information
[ soundrestoration.com ] audio restoration studio
[ issuepedia.org ] crowdsourced issue identification and resolution
[ byxnet.org ] byxnet / yossman.net IRC networks
[ canadianmusicartists.com ] independent canadian music artist listings
World events and political research:
[ wanttoknow.info ]
- verifiable/reliable information on major world events.
[ thecorporation.com ]
- documentary: detailing major corporate abuses of people and the earth.
[ truthout.org ]
- environmental and political articles, forums - insights into our civilization.
[ truthdig.com ]
- progressive journal of news and opinion
[ thepeoplesvoice.org ]
- environmental, political, and social justice news and links.
[ ranprieur.com ]
- ran prieur's thoughts and essays on civilization and lifestyle choices.
[ affluenza.org ]
- an unsustainable addiction to economic growth.
[ wikileaks.org ]
- distribution hub for whistle-blowers around the world.
[ celdf.org ] -
legal services for communities and grassroots activists
(Community Environmental Legal Defense Fund)
Earth's environment and you:
[ localharvest.org ]
- farmer's markets directory, natural/organic food info, community supported agriculture (CSA).
[ endocrinedisruption.com ]
- toxic pollutants in the environment affecting human genetic health worldwide.
[ canadiansforhealthfreedom.wordpress.com ]
- canadian perspective on world health and economic issues
[ ecocycle.org ]
- working to build zero waste communities (boulder, colorado, USA).
[ desmogblog.com ]
- clearing the pollution clouding climate science - what our leaders aren't doing.
[ globalwarmingart.com ]
- mapping climate change, graphs and charts as artwork.
[ endofsuburbia.com ]
- documentary: the end of the cheap oil age and suburban sprawl has begun.
[ odac-info.org ]
- oil depletion analysis centre - raising public awareness internationally.
[ ilsr.org ]
- institute for self-reliance - practical news about reversing global warming.
[ oildepletionprotocol.org ]
- Oil Depletion Protocol - plans for a sensible energy future.
[ richardheinberg.com ]
- Richard Heinberg and humanity's prospects and the oil depletion protocol (museletter.com).
[ sustainableday.com ]
- design, culture, and the environment.
[ zerofootprint.net ]
- providing resources to individuals and corporations for reduced environmental impact.
[ energybulletin.net ]
- peak oil news clearinghouse, global warming, renewable energy.
[ wolf.readinglitho.co.uk ]
- the wolf at the door: a beginner's guide to peak oil.
[ oildecline.com ]
- decreasing oil availability affects everything we use; predictions for near-future.
[ endtimesreport.com ]
- a guide to self-reliant living - covering some basics.
[ cat.org.uk ]
- centre for alternative technology - 30+ years of finding another way.
[ postcarbon.org ]
- learning to adapt to an energy constrained world.
[ realclimate.org ]
- climate science findings and discussions, direct from climate scientists.
[ communitysolution.org ]
- when petroleum / oil becomes scarce, the solution is in the community.
[ wtrg.com ]
WTRG Economics - oil and gas forecasts and stock data with graphs.
[ hubbertpeak.com ]
Hubbert Peak of Oil Production - where the term 'Peak Oil' originated.
[ dieoff.org ]
- a population crash resource page (partial mirror 2004-04-18)
[ journeytoforever.org ]
- energy, heating, and communications in third-world countries, by Handmade Projects.
[ worldviewofglobalwarming.org ]
- global warming as seen through the eyes of world photographers
[ organicconsumers.org ]
- tracking genetically modified foods and other environmental issues
[ ecopledge.com ]
- petitions to corporations ask for more environmentally-friendly behaviour.
[ planetfriendly.net ]
- peace, the environment, and employment opportunities (GoodWork Canada).
[ transformationteam.net ]
- ever had the feeling a main reason you're here is to help transform our civilization?
Green Party Links:
[ Global Greens International ] -
[ Green Party of Canada ] -
[ Green Party of Ontario ]
The Global Green Movement: strategizing to help change common government policy;
moving towards more sustainable living, egalitarian society, and helping to reverse
the poisoning of our environment.
Other site suggestions for further research:
[ commondreams.org ] - current news items and articles from many progressive thinkers.
[ globalresearch.ca ] - centre for research on globalization.
[ adbusters.org ] - adbusters magazine: showing up "corporate culture" for what it is.
[ democracynow.org ] - TV/radio news, community media collaboration, by Amy Goodman and Juan Gonzalez.
[ consensus911.org ] - consensus 911, in search of truth about the 9/11 WTC attacks.
[ ae911truth.org ] - architects and engineers for 9/11 truth.
[ freedomtofascism.com ] - Aaron Russo's America: Freedom to Fascism, a political documentary.
[ publici.org ] - the Center for Public Integrity - US organization keeping an eye on world corporates
[ communitycurrency.org ] - the difference between money and real wealth.
[ handsoff.org ] - minimal government regulation is key to internet growth potential.
[ factcheck.org ] - double-checking U.S. political claims for spin factor.
[ unitedforpeace.org ] - united for peace and justice.
[ counterpunch.org - a very informative, alternative political magazine.
[ thenation.com ] - the nation - a US political magazine, recognized and respected internationally.
[ gregpalast.com ] - greg palast - american investigative reporter operating mainly from europe.
[ indymedia.org ] - independent media center - non-corporate collective of media organizations.
[ reclaimdemocracy.org ] - restoring citizen authority over corporations - resisting 'corporate personhood'.
[ ourfuture.org ] - campaign for america's future, covering populist movements.
[ populistmajority.org ] - blueprints for a more fair american economy and society, for general public and politicals.
[ multinationalmonitor.org ] - monitoring corporate activity, especially related to third-world development.
[ retrovsmetro.org ] - do you believe in tomorrow?
[ responsibleshopper.org ] - do you know what your shopping supports elsewhere?
[ coopamerica.org ] - use your consumer dollars to help bring about societal change.
[ fromthewilderness.com ] - insight into future politics and energy crisis [ secondary site ].
yossman.net supports and has donated to the following organizations
[ FreeBSD (freebsd.org) ] - a free, open-source unix operating system.
[ Apache Software Foundation (apache.org) ] - for making some of the best web server software in the world.
[ OpenBSD (openbsd.org) ] - an alternative free, open-source unix operating system.
[ Citizens For Renewable Energy ] - C.F.R.E. based in lion's head, ontario, canada.
[ Electronic Frontier Foundation (eff.org) ] - for individual's rights online.
[ OpenOffice.org ] - a free, open-source "office application suite" (word processor, spreadsheet, etc.)
[ PetitionOnline.com ] - online petitions for any cause; free setup and maintenance for anyone.
[ mIRC ] - IRC chat client software for windows (internet relay chat)
[ Spybot - Search and Destroy ] - find and terminate spyware on windows systems.
[ SAMBA (samba.org) ] - allowing unix to speak windows networking.
[ Green Party of Ontario ] - ontario provincial political party affiliated with the Global Greens international movement.
yossman.net also provides discount internet website and email hosting where possible
to artists, musicians, and other low-profit organizations that do not
have a budget for such services.
[ archived information ] - saved bits of content from various websites of interest.
[ letters to public organizations ] - open letters from yossman to agencies who have requested public comment.
quotes about societal and civilization concepts to ponder:
"Measure Gross National Happiness -
National economic product is not a good proxy for progress.
Look to factors like psychological well-being, community vitality
and environmental quality."
--Karma Ura, Center for Bhutan Studies (c. 2012)
"Progress for Whom?
The expansion of capital demands sacrifices. But those who make the
sacrifices and those who progress are not the same set of people.
-- Aditya Nigam, Center for the Study of Developing Societies (c. 2012)
_ _ ___ ___ ___ _ __ ___ __ _ _ __ _ __ ___| |_
| | | |/ _ \/ __/ __| '_ ` _ \ / _` | '_ \ | '_ \ / _ \ __|
| |_| | (_) \__ \__ \ | | | | | (_| | | | |_| | | | __/ |_
\__, |\___/|___/___/_| |_| |_|\__,_|_| |_(_)_| |_|\___|\__|
|___/ so much to do, so little time...
yossman.net - helping people use the Internet since 1996.
Except where otherwise noted, this site and its contents are
copyright © 2015 yossarian holmberg of yossman.net, in canada.
this page last revised on 2016-01-31.
[ yossman.net acceptable use policy ]
[ contact staff at yossman.net ]